Return to the About section
Indian style potatos, serves 1-2 (Meenal's mom's recipe)
A - 1 1/2 Tbsp vegetible oil
B - 1/4 tsp cummin seed (ground cummin is no substitute, as I found out the hard way)
C - 1/4 tsp mustard seed
D - 1 potato, cut into small chunks
E - 1/8 tsp salt
F - a little less than 1/8 tsp tamarin (yellow)
G - 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (red)
H - 1/2 tsp cumin-corriander
I - 1/4 tsp sugar
1. Put A, B, and C into a small pot and turn to med-hi.
2. After the oil is hot, add D and cover the pot (be careful not to get splashed by the oil).
3. Add E, F, and G. ĘTurn the stove to med to med-hi.
4. After a few minutes, add H and turn to low.
5. Try potatos and when they are done, remove and serve.